Donnerstag, März 31, 2005

Mindjet MindManager as a Social Networking System

Tim Leberecht, Corporate Communications Manager with Mindjet showed us "How Our Blog Travels Through The Blogosphere" in answer to his collegue Michael Scherotter (Business Solutions Architect) who is contemplating if MindManager could play a role in Social Networking and what would be necessary for that.

I am experimenting with some of these new tools as LinkedIn, OpenBC, Blogger in connection with Microsoft Outlook and MindManager since nearly two years now and I do not have a final answer but some ideas and so I made this map:

Andreas Weinberger social network

The most annoying problem (besides SNSPAM - Social Network SPAM) I do have is the mixture of existing systems with only very limited possibilities to connect the systems. In most cases hyperlinks are possible, but the big picture gets lost.

MindManager allows me to manually build my own picture but that means a lot of manual work and lots of updating. What I´d like would be a direct connection similar to the Outlook SmartPart for Contacts to each of the different systems that allows me to take all the information with me when I am offline and do a synchronisation when I am online again.

And now the tricky part. I´d like to see the information in branches and I´d like to make notes and draw connections between single branches of different persons and synchronisation should not destroy these additional information.

Enough for today.

Best wishes

Andreas

Keine Kommentare: